UCP Leadership Team
UCP’s leadership team is comprised of compassionate and talented professionals who have years of experience in each of their respective fields. UCP team members hold a genuine care for people with developmental disabilities like autism, epilepsy, intellectual disability, Down syndrome and cerebral palsy.
Doug Bergman, President & CEO
Doug was named President/CEO of UCP of Sacramento and Northern California in March 2006. He oversees all operations including fundraising, program development, community relations and program services. As a result of Doug’s leadership, UCP has expanded its program reach from 1,400 to 6,004 clients. He believes in implementing practices that increase UCP’s efficiencies while meeting the ongoing needs of UCP’s diverse clients.
Eric Ciampa, Chief Operating Officer
Eric joined the UCP leadership team in August of 2013 as Associate Chief Operating Officer and transitioned into the role of Chief Operating Officer in November 2014. He oversees UCP’s programs which currently serve approximately 6,002 clients each month.
Kyle Smith, Chief Financial Officer
Kyle has served as the Chief Financial Officer at UCP since 2015 after having worked in a variety of executive business roles for more than 15 years.
Michael Williams, Director of Human Resources
In April 2021, Mike joined UCP’s leadership team as the Director of Human Resources. With 25 years of management experience across multiple industries, Mike’s experience includes creating people management strategies that closely align with, as well as enhance, an organization’s processes and objectives.
Megan Laurie, Director of Marketing & Development
Megan joined the UCP leadership team in May 2021 as the Director of Development and Marketing. She brings 15 years of experience in Development, Marketing, and Community Relations from the nonprofit and higher education sectors. She looks to build upon and further grow UCP’s reach and need for support for clients and families.
Board of Directors
- Brian D. Wyatt, Chair, Law Office of Brian D. Wyatt, PC
- Mark Bellows, Vice Chair, Clifton Larson Allen, LLP
- Annie Marszal, Secretary, California Retail Management
- Rick S. Fergerson, Treasurer, Fergerson Financial
- Blandon Granger, SMUD
- Douglas Bosley, Witan Law
- Jason Little, Healthcare Real Estate Services
- Patrick Stack, Dignity Health
- Jennie Martinez, J. Lee Financial
- Greg Robinson, Umpqua Bank
- Craig Sardella, Academy Mortgage Corporation
- Erin Kelly, Children’s Specialty Care Coalition
- Michelle Akins, USI Insurance Services
- Brad Barnett, Sierra Energy
- Leonard Simpson, 2020 Financial Advisors
Foundation Board of Trustees
- Brad Barnett, Chair, Sierra Energy
- Janet Chediak, Secretary, Weintraub Tobin
- Rick S. Fergerson, Fergerson Financial
- Todd Bollenbach, GNT Solutions
- Larry Chillemi, Grow West
- Leonard Simpson, 20/20 Financial Advisors of Sacramento LLC
- Harold Ashe
- Kimberly Pruett, Congressman Tom McClintock
- Casey Layton, DCA Partners
- Christopher Lerma, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Emeritus, Khalid Elias