UCP buses deliver hope to clients each day.
UCP buses work daily to break down the walls of isolation by transporting clients who have no other means of connecting to their community. They deliver clients with developmental disabilities to program and services offered through UCP.
Each day UCP buses help clients of our Adult Day Programs engage in Community Based Instruction through regular outings. These outings help clients:
- Build a sense of connection to their community
- Gain real world learning experience
- Develop specific skills to be able to function independently within the community
- Increase positive community awareness
- Encourage respect, tolerance and understanding among different groups
It’s a Fact!
Our buses provide more than 16,000 passenger trips each month. Each year UCP buses travel one million miles – enough to circle the earth 441 times! (2018 data)
Know someone who could benefit by the UCP Transportation program?
Follow these steps:
- Receive a doctor’s diagnosis of a developmental disability.
- Get referred by California Alta Regional center.
Once eligible, clients can also call a UCP Shuttle for door-to-door service when they need a ride for a variety of reasons including shopping, medical appointments, or visiting a friend.
To learn more about Transportation, contact:
Jim at email@example.com
Transportation: (916) 393-3602
UCP Shuttle: (916) 889-8247