UCP’s Safe Trip offers an on-demand transportation option for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities or who are at high risk during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Individuals who have been identified as “high risk,” including:
individuals with compromised immune systems,
individuals with serious chronic medical conditions.
- Individuals must be healthy and symptom free to ride.
- All passengers will have their temperature taken prior to boarding the van.
Also: Stay Home & Schedule a UCP Delivery Trip
Need something picked up and delivered to your home? Schedule a UCP Delivery Trip! We’ll pick up and deliver pre-paid items to your door!
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Rides and deliveries are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis
REQUEST A TRIP
(Please allow 24-hour advance notice)
UCP buses deliver hope to clients each day.
UCP buses work daily to break down the walls of isolation by transporting clients who have no other means of connecting to their community. They deliver clients with developmental disabilities to program and services offered through UCP.
Each day UCP buses help clients of our Adult Day Programs engage in Community Based Instruction through regular outings. These outings help clients:
- Build a sense of connection to their community
- Gain real world learning experience
- Develop specific skills to be able to function independently within the community
- Increase positive community awareness
- Encourage respect, tolerance and understanding among different groups
It’s a Fact!
Our buses provide more than 12,654 passenger trips each month. Each year UCP buses travel one million miles – enough to circle the earth 43 times! (2019 data)
Know someone who could benefit by the UCP Transportation program?
Follow these steps:
- Receive a doctor’s diagnosis of a developmental disability.
- Get referred by California Alta Regional center.
Once eligible, clients can also call a UCP Shuttle for door-to-door service when they need a ride for a variety of reasons including shopping, medical appointments, or visiting a friend.
To learn more about Transportation, contact:
Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation: (916) 393-3602
UCP Shuttle: (916) 889-8247