Laying the Foundation for Future Success
We have all heard the adage that “it’s better to give than to receive.” In fact, research has shown that spending money on others puts a bigger smile on your face than spending it on yourself. And after years of seeing how your donations put smiles on our clients’ faces, we know it’s true!
When you give to UCP, you are helping the immediate needs of children with disabilities. And when you give to The Foundation for UCP, you are ensuring that these same kids have help when they need it, both now and in the future.
Today, one in nine children are diagnosed with a developmental disadvantage such as: autism, intellectual delay, Down syndrome, epilepsy, cerebral palsy and other disabilities that affect a child’s development.
Like other kids, they want to create, play, learn, make friends and be successful. While their disabilities may not prevent them from achieving their dreams, they may require assistance along the way. The children of today will need support 10, 20, 30+ years down the road when they become adults.
Enter The Foundation for UCP. The purpose of The Foundation for UCP of Sacramento and Northern California is to ensure our programs and services continue to be funded in the future, providing a life without limits for our clients.
See why Bill and Mary chose to leave their legacy with UCP:
What is the difference between the Foundation and UCP’s other initiatives?
Simply put, The Foundation for UCP is working to meet the FUTURE needs of the people we serve.
Donations to The Foundation are being conserved, invested, and grown so we aren’t dependent on government funding for our programs. By building a solid asset base we are ensuring that we meet the needs of today’s children with developmental disabilities well into the future.
What does that mean to you? It means the gifts you plan now will provide support for the people we serve in the long run. It means you are making an impact by securing a successful future for children in need.
Supporting The Foundation for UCP is a Good Investment
- The funds you donate stay local. Your money will help support much-needed programs and services for individuals living in our community.
- 90 cents of every dollar UCP spends goes directly to the success of children, adults, and their families.
- UCP is the areas largest provider of services to people with disabilities, with 65 years of proven success.
Plan Now to Leave a Legacy Gift!
Anyone can leave a legacy gift because any amount you set aside now, makes a difference in the future of a child with disabilities.
Easy ways to leave a legacy gift:
- Name The Foundation for UCP (EIN 26-3279530) as a beneficiary in your life insurance or trust documents. This is as simple as placing a phone call or email to your broker or accountant. You can allocate a set amount or a percentage for your legacy gift.
- Include a legacy paragraph in your will and/or trust documents. By naming The Foundation for UCP in your will, estate, life insurance policy or trust, or by donating property and stock to UCP, you can leave a legacy that will help individuals with development disabilities for years to come. Find out more.
There are a number of different ways you can support the Foundation, including cash, bequests, estate plans, Donor Advised Funds, Special Needs Trusts and many others!
If you are invested in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, property, life insurance and/or retirement accounts there are several options where those funds can meet your goals of supporting your family while leaving a legacy gift. You could even save some capital gains or other taxes in the process.
Before giving, talk to your financial advisor. Not sure who to contact? Select an advisor to help you. Learn more about what is involved with no obligation to The Foundation. Our advisors are here to ensure your wishes are fulfilled.
It’s Your Choice.
Today’s children with disabilities will be tomorrow’s adults. Making sure they have support is important for UCP, and with your help, we can be there for them down the road when they need us.
If you want to leave your legacy for those in need, donate to The Foundation today.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact:
Director of Legacy Giving
The Foundation for UCP
Direct: 916 283 8312