This position is responsible for recruiting, screening, and hiring new employees. This includes implementing effective recruiting and outreach strategies, and developing relationships within the local community, to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
• Collaborates with department managers to identify hiring needs and criteria.
• Assists with the development and updating of job descriptions.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the needs of the organization, including sourcing, and attracting candidates by using databases, social media, current trends, etc.
• In collaboration with Marketing, prepares recruitment materials and posts jobs to appropriate job boards, newspapers, colleges, internal job postings, etc.
• Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
• Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
• Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting events.
• Provides analytical and well documented recruiting reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with aptitude in conducting interviews.
• Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and monthly/annual goals.
• Ability to prepare and deliver informative and engaging information to a live audience.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Thorough understanding of EEO, ADA, and other related employment laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to recruitment and hiring.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field preferred.
• Hands on experience with various selection methods/processes (e.g., interviewing via video, phone, open interviews, reference checks).
• At least two years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
• Experience recruiting for a non-profit preferred.
• SHRM-CP preferred and SHRMs Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and/or talking on the phone. Some prolonged periods of standing (e.g., job fairs).
• Ability to travel throughout the local area on a regular basis for networking and recruiting activities.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
PROGRAM: Admin – Human Resources
WAGE: $17.00 – $23.00 per hour DOE
SCHEDULE: Full Time