Administrative Assistant – Development
Administrative Professional – Development
The Administrative Assistant-Development (AA) is responsible for supporting the processing of development donations, acknowledging gifts, and donor stewardship working in the database DonorPerfect along with supporting administrative needs of the Development Department. The AA assists with all special events, fundraising, grant writing and management, and marketing projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Data entry using Donor Perfect, online auction software and other SQL and CRM databases.
- Responsible for sending donor acknowledgements and assist with donor stewardship.
- Pull reports for Development Office and Financial Office.
- Support for the comprehensive grants program by keeping grants calendar updated, submit Letter of Intent applications, conducting research on potential funders, and drafting application content.
- Assist with various fundraising initiatives and attend events when
- Tracking and reporting key performance
- Assists with mailed giving
- Keeps media mailing lists
- Develops and expands mailing lists and invitation lists for all special
- Attends Development and Marketing Department meetings and meetings with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or higher level of education preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a professional environment.
- Mid-level word processing, database and computer experience a must. Detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities at the same time; multi-tasking is essential.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form; above average written communications skills are necessary as well as the ability to interact in person and over the phone with a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to effectively present information to public groups, and Development and Marketing team.
- Be able to use Outlook for email communications, using the calendar to track appointments and tracking projects on task function.
- Strong technical skills with mid to advanced capabilities in Word and Excel; knowledge of posting and monitoring social media.
- Current driver license, and proof of insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Schedule: Part Time, 20 hours/week